RELAX | RETREAT | RE-ENERGISE
The Buddha Bungalow is a separate self-contained accommodation unit on the property. Nestled in the bush by the stream, this finished rustic dwelling with stunning views is the perfect place to retreat from the busyness of urban life. Here you will be immersed in nature, surrounded by birdcalls, and begin to re-connect to the earth and beauty that is all around us.It’s perfect for a solo retreat or a couple’s quiet getaway. (Spiritual or artistic retreatants should enquire for special pricing)
- Double bed; ensuite with shower
- Step outside into the three-sided covered kitchenette area which contains small fridge, kettle, microwave, and stove
- Private deck with awesome views of the Akaroa harbour and mountains
- Private seating area by the stream
- No TV: read a book, listen to music, sit quietly in reflection or meditation, take a nap, smell the flowers, hike into the hills
- No Wi-Fi: There is no internet available in the unit unless you hotspot off your own device. However, if you absolutely need to be connected to the greater world, we can arrange a time for you to use the internet in the main house.
- Limited mobile reception: Vodafone works well; Spark sporadically; 2Degrees not at all.
- Wainui beach and tennis courts are 2 km down the hill
- Akaroa is a half-hour’s drive; Duvuachelle which contains a small grocery and café and Barrys Bay Cheese Shop are a fifteen minute drive and are the nearest commercial establishments.
This is a quintessential Kiwi bach (cottage) experience. You are in the bush and with that comes all things nature – trees and flowers and possums, bugs, and other creatures with which you will be sharing space.
- $100/night; two night minimum. Maximum 2 persons. (You can book direct with us or through AirBnb)
- $20/pp we can provide a self-catered continental-styled breakfast (options include: Bruce’s homemade wholewheat & rye nutrient-dense bread with selection of homemade jams & spreads; juice, coffee, herbal & regular teas, cereal/muesli and fruit)
- $30/pp we can provide a homemade organic wholesome lunch (options include: water or milk-kefir based smoothies, amazing salads, hummus/tapenade spreads, boiled eggs, and a sweet desert)
Check-in 3 pm; Check-out: 11 am.